Woman opens fire on 3 burglars and wins

Discuss self defense and carry / EDC / tactics ...
scrappy
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: 1911-a1
Next Firearm: 6mm Rem

Woman opens fire on 3 burglars and wins

Post by scrappy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:16 pm

https://m.facebook.com/foxcarolinanews/video_grid/
Hope the link worked. Link worked, this video is almost at the bottom , center of 2nd to last row.
Woman wakes to the sound of a break in, arms herself and confronts 3 armed intruders. Exchanged gunfire with them, fatally wounding one and possibly striking another, all of whom run for their lives with one collapsing and dying in the driveway.

YES!!!!! We could do well with a good deal more of this!!! This woman needs a medal!! 1 recidivist creep out of action permanently, 2 more scared and possibly injured. Yet it's one more in a loooong list of cases where the good guy stopped the bad with a gun that gets a blip and then dropped. Such incidents should make front page news for days afterward
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind.

It is good to live in a depraved time, as one can appear virtuous at little cost.

Just remember......Theres no need to fear....Unnnderdog is here!!! Well, scrappy anyway.....

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Re: Woman opens fire on 3 burglars and wins

Post by ron » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:13 am

I don't have facebook so I can't view the video. Where did this incident take place and when, and what news channel covered it? Link says Fox Carolina news but north carolina, south carolina? I could google the story if I had some specifics.
Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

edzz
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Hayden
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: M-14
Next Firearm: TBD
SGT Supporter: Yes

Post by edzz » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Ed

The Few
The Proud

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

ron
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Cheney
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: G20SF
Next Firearm: Flintlock Rifle

Post by ron » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:46 am

You sir, are a Google-Fu master. I tried googling it using numerous search terms but couldn't find it. I think where I must have went wrong was using Fox Carolina in my search terms which was what was in Scrappy's link instead of fox USA, and the incident took place in Georgia. It would have also helped to know that the video was taken on a home video camera, though logically that's the only way that there could have been any video.

Away, thanks. It was well worth seeing. That woman is Bad-ass and is an example what someone with a gun and a determined MINDSET is capable of doing.

Government is not reason, it is not eloquence — it is force. Like fire it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.

pacnw
Gun Trader
City: North of Spokane, WA
Favorite Firearm: one that goes bang!!

Post by pacnw » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:22 pm

While I am pleased this turned out well for the lady, it brings out an issue that can have a huge impact on a 911 call.

The issue is, as can be heard on the video and reinforced by the 911 operator, poor English. While I am all for legal immigration, English should be mandated as a condition for citizenship.