Noobie
Gun Trader
City: Post Falls
State: ID
Favorite Firearm: Marlin 30-30
Next Firearm: Cva kodiak magnum

Looking to go coyote hunting

Post by Noobie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:23 pm

Im looking to go coyote hunting in the fishtrap area this weekend. I live about 10 min north of wandermere and I was wondering where you guys tend to go since fishtrap is about an hour away from me. I'm not asking for any secret spots but a general area would be very helpful, I recently bought a .223 and would love to try it out on some yotes

dmoua
SGT Premium Supporter
City: Spokane
State: WA
Favorite Firearm: Custom 300WSM
Next Firearm: Custom 6.5 Creedmoor

Re: Looking to go coyote hunting

Post by dmoua » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:54 pm

Fishtrap is probably over hunted. You might get lucky with the young and dumb ones but make sure you get out there before daylight.
Instagram @DMOUA_OUTDOORS

https://www.youtube.com/@DMOUA_OUTDOORS

Noobie
Gun Trader

Post by Noobie » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:28 am

Saw 1 this morning on the far side of the lake but I wasn't comfortable taking the shot at +550 yards

upnorth
Gun Trader
City: COLVILLE
Favorite Firearm: Love them all same
Next Firearm: Hk p7

Post by upnorth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:43 pm

If you want to learn now is the time to pop your cherry and get hooked. Families are hunting together right now so you might have 5+ come in at once. Later in September you will get more of the dispersal dogs. Dispersal dogs are good for the confidence. It is more lenient as far as choosing stands. Pretty much you will have dogs kicked out and trying to find their way. During this time I go to my lower tier locations since things are more random and I can leave the locals alone. There are drawbacks. They learn quick. Way more people out and about, bow season then rifle and so on. I usually do a day or two coming up and do other stuff till December. Good luck

upnorth
Gun Trader
City: COLVILLE
Favorite Firearm: Love them all same
Next Firearm: Hk p7

Post by upnorth » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Sorry I don't know how I got off on that I honestly don't have a clue why I went there when you weren't even asking about that stuff. I apologize.

Noobie
Gun Trader

Post by Noobie » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:53 pm

It's totally fine man haha any tips sure helps me out

ninjassassin
SGT Premium Supporter
City: spokane
Favorite Firearm: m1a
Next Firearm: dont know

Post by ninjassassin » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:58 pm

Ive shot 3 coyotes out by fish trap in 10 years really early in the morning. 1 called in 2 I just happen to see them and happen to have a rifle and they were in range. But honestly Fish trap isn't a good place for coyote it get hunted to hard and to much human traffic out there. If you live up by wandermere there are lots of land up north you can hunt that has coyotes. As Upnorth said August is a great time to start cause you have the stupid pups that will come in easily and you can get a entire pack to come in.